Friday, October 12, 2012

March

Has it really been four days since I made the last post? It hasn't felt like that long. And I don't mean that time has flown, I mean that it's been about eight hours by my watch (automatic) since I went through.

So far, there hasn't been much variation. I've climbed through 36 levels of the tower, and each, so far, has looked like an office building. There's desks and computers everywhere, along with smartphones and the like laying around. I checked them out, and each seems to be attached to the floor by a cable. I think they're actually part of the Newborn, though I can't begin to guess at their purpose.

The sky outside is completely covered by smog and smoke. I can't see the sun or moon, and I'm not sure if they're even there. There's... things, down below. Shambling monsters. Luckily, when I stepped through, I came out on the bottom floor of the office, in a lobby of some sort. The things were at the doors, but couldn't come through them, even though they were just made of glass. They pounded and scratched, but the doors held. I kept going up, and so far, it looks like the whole tower is made of glass and steel, with floor to ceiling windows. It lets me keep track of what's going on outside, and it gives me a relative mark of how far up I've gone.

I haven't found anything of note, yet, but I'm getting tired. I'm not sure if I dare sleep, but... well, it's not like I have a choice. Jenni and I can switch of shifts.

I'll update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment