Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Intermezzo

I feel like I'm entering the intermediate part of this story. I can plan it out from here: this is the night before the storm. All the threads are coming together. I'll go to the tower and find my answers.

Or I'll die.

I mean, dying was always a possibility from the first time I saw HIM. HE has been haunting me ever since, and, well, considering HIS bloody ways, I'm sort of surprised that I'm still alive right now. That could all be changing, though. The Newborn tore apart the Prophet as if he was paper, yet the Prophet survived death. Does that mean that HE was wearing the Prophet's body and the Newborn was able to destroy it, or does that mean the Prophet was granted a second chance at life, and will that happen to me?

For some reason, I doubt I'll get that same chance.

And it scares me.

I've always been scared of dying, that was the whole reason I joined HIM in the first place. Has it been eating at my gut since the moment I joined HIM? Yes. Have I felt sick and disgusted at the things I've done, yet forced myself to act as if I did it for fun?

Also yes.

But I think that will all change. I've survived the Wooden Girl's attacks through sheer determination, and a little gift from HIM, and the Operator never seemed all that interested in me anyways, but I think the Newborn may outclass, in personal threat to me, anyways. I have to literally go in its domain, then come back out, and for some reason, I don't think that's going to go well. This whole thing is just mad. Soren, an android? I have to go through a portal to a realm of a mad machine god? That sounds like something right out of a bad sci fi novel.

And yet here we are, facing a possible end to the story.

See, I'm not too scared of oblivion either. That I can handle, like going to sleep. What I'm scared of is that HE will never let me go. That I'll awaken, without any control of my own limbs or mind, watching HIM use my body as a puppet for HIS twisted schemes. Ironic, isn't it? I've spent my career fighting Puppets, but that's what will most likely happen to me.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll end it here. I go through the portal tomorrow. I'll be traveling light, since I think if I have to spend too long in there, chances are slim I'll be coming back.

Alive, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment