Wednesday, February 8, 2012

So, apparently word of the Apostles is getting around, but nobody actually knows who we are.

So I guess I get to play exposition fairy today.

So, first things first. I will use the word "so" at the beginning of every line.

So, second things second. We are all, obviously, servants of HIM. There's twelve of us, for added symbolism. Each of us has found "favor" of a sort, though how exactly one gets favor from HIM is still quite the mystery, seeing as he doesn't really care whether any of us live or die. He seems to be the aggressive chess player, who will sacrifice his pieces if it means getting a pawn to the other side of the board.

So, what do we do. Well, we basically act like any other servant does, except that we're a lot more autonomous than most of HIS servants. And by that I mean that we're not crazy, on drugs, or any combination of the two. We're told, through the Prophet usually, but also directly  by HIM, what to do. Sometimes we're also sent through the Empty City to get supplies, such as the recent trip to get some Sarin, which is now gone, thank God.

So, now that that's cleared up, uniform. We always wear gas masks. Even though HE can take any form that HE wishes (of those who have died, anyways), everybody knows him as the guy in a hoody and gas mask. Thus, we always wear gas masks and black hoodies, with the Twin Triangles emblazoned on the back. Intimidating? Quite.

And screw it, I'm done saying so.

Anyways, we get some powerups. Comes with the position. We get some stamina boosts, strength boosts, agility boosts, etc. Nothing superhuman, but enough to make those who get the boost on the level of professionals. Which is nice, in a way.

We're not really connected very much. I've met one other Apostle since I was raised, who was... quite interesting. She was also bloody insane, but in the ways where you won't notice until it's too late. Luckily, I don't need to work with her.

Now excuse me. Apparently an ambassador from the Wooden Girl wishes to meet with me. Joy.

3 comments:

  1. Exposition fairy?

    HEY, LISTEN!

    HEY, HEY!

    HEY, LISTEN!

    *cough* I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prophet, huh? You know you can't always trust what's written on the subway walls, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draw a staircase for my God?

    No seriously, have you ever met the Prophet? Because I have. And he's fucking scary.

    ReplyDelete