Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Promised Update


Right, full update time. Soren and I reached Salt Lake a few days ago, and we’ve been somewhat busy. We were out scouting for some info. Apparently, a few days ago, a planter outside of the Salt Lake Temple had been tagged with the Twin Triangles, with the phrase: “embrace the archangel” written underneath. While this wasn’t exactly all that helpful, it meant that HE was in town, and either he wasn’t focused on us at all, or he was sending a message.

Could be both.

Anyways, we went through a parking garage for a shortcut.

Yeah.

Shutup.

Anyways, we were walking along and then BAM some guy with a shotgun was in front of us. He was like: “Don’t move, and follow me.”

So we did.

I mean, guy with a shotgun. Watcha gonna do?

We were walking along, then the guy (who was probably on drugs or something) stopped to stare out the window for a moment. It was all the opening I needed. I flipped out my balisong and had it around his neck in a moment.

Damn, I’m good.

I put on my best hard voice and told him to drop the shotgun. He responded by trying to elbow me, which had the unfortunate effect of jerking my hand and severing an artery.

That doesn’t count, he jerked my hand, ‘kay?

So he kinda collapsed in a welter of blood, and I thought, “Hmm, dead guy sitting here. I should probably run.” So we did. Luckily, both of us were wearing black, and it was raining outside, so we didn’t really stand out.

We didn’t get too far before spotting another wacko. Luckily, he didn’t see us, so we kind of scooted around him. Then we were ambushed by another one of them. Jumped out of nowhere with a freaking machete that was like the size of Finland and took a slash at us. We sort of backed up, then a bystander yanked a pistol out and shot the guy.

Thank God for concealed carry permits.

Soren then played the tough guy and went right up to the downed cultist guy and started asking him all sorts of questions. Eventually, we discovered that they had a few cells spread throughout the city, and all of them keep watch for people running from HIM. Which will probably be problematic sometime.

We then started back to where we were staying, then Soren got hit in the arm by a fairly low caliber bullet. Sniper on the roof was gunning for us. We had to run, but managed to escape without further incident. Cops nabbed the guy too, apparently. Now, though, we had to visit a doctor I knew that could do stuff off the record, so Soren will be okay.

Stay safe, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment